Do you want to move from Academia but you are not aware of the different jobs that the Industry offers for a PhD holder? Are you looking for opportunities in the Industry but you do not know how to get in contact with the different companies?
Take the opportunity that the Students and Post-doc Board (SPB) of IGBMC brings to you and join us at the SPB Career fair 2019.
On Wednesday, November 13, 2019
At Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology, IGBMC
1 Rue Laurent Fries, 67400 Illkirch-Graffenstaden
About the SPB Career Fair
- It is an event where 10 to 20 Biotech companies will come to introduce themselves and present the opportunities and different jobs they offer for PhDs
- The program includes talks, panel discussions, mock interviews, and networking sessions
- Companies will give tips about how to land on the positions they offer
- The events of the career fair will be held in English
About the companies
- Takara Bio: Biotechnology company focused on human health utilizing stem cells, regenerative medicine, cell and gene therapy research.
- Bio-Techne: Company that provides high-quality reagents, instruments, custom manufacturing, and testing services for Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
- Cherry Biotech: Innovating deeptech company, providing instruments for biology and precision medicine.
- MP Biomedicals: Corporation that manufactures and distributes products for the life science, fine chemicals, and diagnostics markets.
- Semia: An Alsace start-up incubator shared between universities, scientific institutions and economic organizations supported by regional public authorities.
- Conectus: Company that brings the laboratories of the Alsatian public research and companies together. As well as driving researchers’ inventions to the market by investing financially at a very early stage in the development of innovative technologies.
- Domain Therapeutics: French and Canadian privately-held biopharmaceutical company that uses transmembrane and G Protein-Coupled Receptor (GPCR) targeting for the discovery and development of innovative therapeutics for the treatment of Central Nervous System (CNS) diseases and cancer.
- European Centre for Diabetes Studies (CEED):Innovation Centre specialized in diabetes and associated pathologies. CEED activities include; Research – From laboratory to start-up, E-health – Telemedicine and artificial intelligence, and Public Health – Prevention and Screening.
- Science me Up: company dedicated to connect the world of science with the challenges of the socioeconomic world by recruiting highly educated scientific and technological candidates, training of participants in the socioeconomic context of innovation and organising scientific events centered around bringing together researchers.
- And more …
Pause your timer
In addition to the career fair, the organizing team releases every Monday an interview with CEOs, COOs, Territory Managers, Data Scientist among others, from Biotech companies located in 4 different countries. So, pause your timer and learn what motivated them to move to the Industry, how they got their actual positions and get tips on how to enhance the opportunities in your career. The interviews are available on the social media pages @spbcareerfair and on the blog (links at the end of the email), so follow them for weekly updates and exciting interviews!
Take advantage of the benefits that the SPB Career Fair 2019 brings to you and start preparing your CV and cover letter.
Full details, and the program of the event will be released soon!
Come and make your success happen!
On behalf of the SPB Career Fair 2019 organizing team
Links & social media